Thank you to everyone who was able to listen in live on Monday’s quarterly investor call. We hope you enjoyed listening to Mark Eibel, from Russell Investments. Particularly in times like these, our goal is to provide you with useful insights into the current market environment from our trusted industry partners.
In case you missed the call, here are a few highlights from Mark:
- We all know what happened to the market in the first quarter. But it is important to keep in mind that this was “event driven” rather than a result of underlying problems in the economy.
- In terms of historical context, the result of the market downturn is in line with a typical market correction. What makes this stand out is the speed in which the downturn occurred – the market dropped 35% in 30 days. However, it is somewhat comforting to know that we got where we would have gotten – just much faster.
- Just like every other previous market correction, we will get through this one too.
- We know that economic data will get worse. While we don’t know whether that data will drive the market lower, we also know that the market will likely rally before the data improves.
- The United States and other countries have committed unprecedented amounts of money into the economy; everything being done is to help buy us time to get to a medical solution. And the world’s medical and scientific community is singularly focused on finding that solution!
- The market correction has made stocks much more attractively priced; U.S. stocks are fairly priced; Europe and Japan are cheap; and emerging markets are ridiculously cheap. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy.
- Remember to stick with your plan. If you need to adjust the plan a bit, talk with Kendra and Greg who will help you tweak your strategy
- Take care of your family and stay healthy!
We are pleased to be able to offer the recording of our phone call with Mark. You can access it here.
As always, if you have any questions or would like additional information, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Mark your calendars for our next regularly scheduled Quarterly Investor Call on July 20th.
Neither Mark Eibel or Russell Investments are affiliated with Shelgren Financial Group or the Lincoln Investment family of companies.